Interactive Micro Learning (IML): digital didactics for behavior change
Many training companies and corporate HR professionals seek online alternatives to replace or complement live meetings and training sessions. However, most existing online concepts such as e-learning and webinars focus mainly on knowledge transfer. This is too limited an alternative for training aimed at behavioural change, for practising skills or competences and personal development.
Future Life Research has developed a new digital didactic that enables behaviour change, practical exercises and competence-focused and experiential learning: e-changing.
Standard e-learning shows how to do better, our e-changing encourages doing better.
What is IML?
We call the digital didactics developed for e-changing Interactive Micro Learning (IML). IML is a web app with accessible, interactive micro-learning exercises. It teaches the participant to change his or her own behaviour and to execute his or her intentions. IML offers an exciting new way of learning and development. Designed by behavioural and educational experts and fun to do. With easy, inspiring assignments that can be immediately put into practice. IML offers online modules focused on practising skills, competency-based learning, knowledge through experiential learning, and personal development.
Do you want to decide for yourself what, how and when you want to learn? Do you really want to carry out your own intentions? Change your own behaviour? IML makes that possible!
With IML the learner can start working wherever and whenever he wants, mobile or on the computer. Short modules or an extensive step-by-step plan can be chosen. Self-evaluations provide feedback and focused learning. With IML inside the learner takes the responsibility for his/her own learning.
Future Life Research now has the following IML applications:
- Two great IML web apps for positive behavior, self-direction and a better world: The Dutch MooierMens.app (English in the making: BetterYourself.app) en Leerbaas.app (Dutch, English version in the making).
- The successful custom application for Dutch company emergency response workers, Velco Online Academy.
- Two research websites: VerenigdePositieveInitiatieven.nl (Engels: UnitedPositiveInitiatives.net) for our own research and for TNO a custom application.
Want to know more? A demo of the possibilities? Book your appointment!
The advantages of IML
- From policy to concrete actions.
- Learning for practice, in practice.
- Available anytime, anywhere (desktop and mobile).
- Scalable, both nationally and internationally.
- Safe website with complete privacy.
- Modern educational approach.
- Created evidence based by behavioural and educational experts.
- Quantify the effect of interventions!
- Challenging little exercises.
- Recognizable examples from practice.
- Always positive: from good to better.
- For practically and theoretically trained employees.
IML is registered with the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property (BOIP) under trademark number: 1400239.